Small Quantity Generator (SQG) is a business that generates between 220-2,200 pounds of hazardous waste per month and never accumulates more than 13,200 pounds of hazardous waste at any time.
Large Quantity Generator (LQG) is a business that generates more than 2,200 pounds of hazardous waste per month or 2.2 pounds or more of an acute hazardous waste (e.g. arsenic and cyanide compounds) in one month .
For more information concerning the SQG program please contact:
St. Lucie County Solid Waste Division at 772-462-1768.
Waste is defined as hazardous if:
1. It exhibits one of four characteristics per Federal Regulations (40 CFR Part 261, Subpart C)
- Ignitability - Flashpoint < 140o
- Corrosivity - pH ≤ 2.0 or ≥ 12.5
- Reactivity - Explosive, extremely unstable, violently reacts wth water, etc.
- Toxicity - If sampled using TCLP laboratory analysis, would fail for one or more of 40 toxic contaminants
2. It is listed hazardous waste per Federal Regulations (40 CFR Part 261, Subpart D)