Monday, May 23, 2011 - Libraries Announce Summer Reading ProgramsThe St. Lucie County Library System announces its summer reading programs available at three branch libraries June 22 – July 22.
Activities include weekly story hours and performances from musicians, puppeteers, magicians and more. All programs are free and open to the public. However, seating is limited, so arrive early.
Fort Pierce Branch Library:
- Story Hour – Wednesdays (June 22, 29, July 6, 13 and 20) at 10 a.m. at the Fort Pierce Branch Library, 101 Melody Lane.
- Performances – Wednesdays (June 22, 29, July 6, 13 and 20) at 2 p.m. at the Riverwalk Center, 600 N. Indian River Drive, Fort Pierce.
Morningside Branch Library, 2410 S.E. Morningside Blvd., Port St. Lucie:
- Story Hour – Thursdays (June 23, 30, July 7, 14 and 21) at 10 a.m.
- Performances – Wednesdays (June 22, 29, July 6, 13 and 20) at 10 a.m.
Lakewood Park Branch Library, 7605 Santa Barbara Drive, Fort Pierce:
- Story Hour – Fridays (June 24, July 1, 8, 15 and 22) at 10 a.m.
- Performances – Thursdays (June 23, June 30, July 7, 14 and 21) at 10 a.m.
Performers scheduled to participate in the Library’s Summer Reading Program include:
- Week 1 – Mr. Brian & the Boppets - Upbeat fun for the whole family! Mr. Brian uses high energy and catchy music to get kids up and boogying. Enjoy a rocking good time for all.
- Week 2 - Safari Sue’s World of Adventure Stories - Alligator hunter, explorer, Tales of Old Florida and the Everglades, Native Americans and Explorers, and Africa! Enjoy animal tales, travel and adventure stories, treasure hunts and magic.
- Week 3 - Magician Brent Gregory presents “Magical Stories Around the World!” - Enjoy stories interweaved with fantastic magical illusions. Audiences will be taken around the world with magic and stories from China, Italy, Africa, the United States and much more.
- Week 4 - Darrell House - a published children’s author, poet, storyteller, recording artist and musician. Enjoy a performance of original music, poetry and storytelling that is guaranteed to delight both kids and parents.
- Week 5 – Geddy, the Gecko presents Multi-Cultural Dances from Around the World - Children learn and participate in dances from different countries, featuring dances from Poland, Egypt, Spain, Cuba, Jamaica, India, USA and more.
For more information about St. Lucie County’s Library System visit: http://library.stlucieco.gov/.